Think Love

What comes to mind when you think of love? I tried to do a bit of homework after Melizarani T. Selva's and Bill Moran's workshop (by Spill The Ink) on the use of repetitions and challenging myself to write a 'love poem' again.

Love has got me thinking
that life is as precious as loss
that lost time is precious
that ignorance is not bliss but the absence of knowing life
if life looked like something,
it would look like the look you have on your face right now.

Love has got me thinking
about dreams and ambitions
when passion meets opposition
when exceptions is the limitation
when dreams turn into expectation
then we get honest reactions.

Love has got me thinking
Beyond chemical reactions and rash decision
when one erection becomes a rash
and a rash reaction turns into cash
When cash is the transaction
for your devotion
and value is merely an illusion.

Love has
Love was
Love is
Love will be
Love can be
Rational
Irrational
Conditional
Unconditional
Playful
Truthful
Wonderful
Meaningful

Love is
full of surprise.

Love is
living through the difficulties and the given circumstances.

Love is
worth  e v e r y  ounce  of life in you.

Love has got me thinking
About which battles I willing to fight
which fights I am willing to lose
which loss will cost me
How much of me am I willing to lose?
How much will do I have in me?
To love when I have lost
To love when I need to give
To love when I have none.

Love has got me thinking
about the future
The changes in my manner
The commitments I will make
The communication between partners
Man or woman or child
that will be my friend and not foe
for the rest of my life.

Love has got me thinking
is love real?
Is it more than feeling?
Is it more than free falling?
Is it more than fast free f*cking?
Because feeling free falling and fast free fucking isn't f*cking free fast falling or feeling real.

Love has got me thinking of 'what if's, 'should have's and 'would be's
What if 'if's becomes 'when'
and 'when' becomes 'soon'
and 'soon' becomes 'now'
and 'now' becomes forever
and forever is all that it is worth.

Love has got me thinking
of how much sacrifice would suffice
If all I can do is survive
Would I have the capacity to love
at a certain degree?
Which angles would work?
Would I be able to justify
the love that I am able to give
just as I am?

Love has got me
Thinking about you
Thinking about me
Thinking about us
Thinking about life
Thinking about this
Thinking about that
Thinking about truth.

Thinking...
Just thinking...

Love has got me.

- Swit Marie

0400H 19th October 2017
Bahagia HQ



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020